Monday, January 31, 2011

Why Aren't His....

There aren't a lot of lyrics to this song but when we sang it in church Sunday it really got my attention. I'm not the best hearer (I should probably say listener but hearer is more appropriate)  you could say. I'm not always good at grasping everything the first time I hear it and I'm good at tuning things out even when I'm not meaning to. So I usually don't hear the lyrics of songs, I listen to the beat instead. But seeing the words on the screen and singing them definitely had an impact on me.
For Christians our goal is to become more Christ-like everyday. For those who believe we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and we are to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We are to be helping one another, caring for one another and loving one another; not tearing each other down and competing and being vicious or selfish. We have received God's love and forgiveness when we don't even deserve it, so why aren't we returning the favor to others? Why aren't we teaching them and showing them what a wonderful God we have? I have felt God's peace, love, forgiveness, joy and I want to share it with others. I want to give them what I've been given.

It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in trying to fade into the faces
The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?

And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat and quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances
Tells him that his chances are better out on the road

CHORUS
Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the body of Christ

CHORUS
Jesus is the way
-Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment