Saturday, January 1, 2011

Slowing down

Maybe others of you have the same problem I do...not knowing how to go with the flow or hating when your plans get interrupted. For example; when Nathan and I would be driving to and from Ohio and Florida I would want to get to the next place as quickly as possible. No extended visits, eat in the car, no spontaneous stops and if possible just drive straight through, no hotel visits (One I hate paying for a hotel I'm just sleeping in and two my husband makes me stop;-{) Another example is when I read a magazine. I read it all the way through and skim everything and then come back and read the "longer" stories later. It's like I have to hurry and get through the whole magazine in that first sit down. Why? I have no clue? I'm just crazy like that. For whatever reason I'm ALWAYS in a hurry. I'm not really sure why I'm like this? Maybe because I was three weeks late coming into this world and haven't stopped running yet? {That's what my mom says}

While we were on Useppa, Nathan and I had planned to visit the south end of the island where it is nice and peaceful and vacant. But we stopped on the way to say HI to a friend that had just came back to the island. Needless to say we were there for like 2 hours and only made it to the south end for a quick moment so Nathan could see some of the work that was done by landscaping. And I have to admit it was hard for me to not want to hurry up and get down to the south end because that is what I had planned. It's not that I didn't want to visit with my friend but I had made this "plan" and now it was being interrupted. Does that sound ridiculous? This is a problem of mine. I had to keep telling myself that we were only here for a short time and this was more important than going to the south end.

One more example; when I read my email I check it all and read some and skim others and I don't reply right away. For whatever reason I put off replying until later. Some times I really may not have the time but other times I do and I just don't. It's bizarre, I think anyways. I'm finally learning to slow down and reevaluate what is important. And I'm trying to go with the flow and not let my interruptions get the best of me.I guess I think life is a race? For those of you who have this problem as well, good luck! Haha. And for those of you who have this mastered, teach me!

2 comments:

  1. Kelli, I read my magazines backwards. I start on the last page and flip through it to the front. What does that say about me? Maybe I desire to turn back time? Perhaps, to the 80s! :)

    ReplyDelete