Thursday, January 20, 2011

Savings

We started a Christmas savings account through work recently and I'm so excited. I've never been one that is good at saving and so far neither is my husband. Saving really is an art and something that does not come easily to some, like me. It's much more fun to spend what you have=) But yes that's not practical in this day in age. With the economy and just life in general you never know what will happen tomorrow. My mom was laid off in September (I think) and my brother had a kidney stone in the summer and had to have a couple surgeries with one more left. My sister's car broke down in November and she's been borrowing a family members until hers is fixed. You just never know what life will throw your way. So I'm glad I finally made a responsible decision and did this. I'm already trying to figure out how to spend the money in December and yes it'll be responsible spending like paying my student loans or something. 

2 comments:

  1. You and the hubs should take the Dave Ramsey course. Mike and I just started. His biggest PUSH is to save your money! (especially since Lord knows if any of us will have any kind of retirement moolah when the day comes...) And he says to immediately set aside $1,000 for emergencies (cars breaking, kidney stones, whatever) and continue to build on that when your debt (except the house) is paid off. I feel it will be a very valuable course for Mike and I to take together BEFORE we begin our life as a 2 income household.

    Think about it :) If you have questions, email me!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually took the course this past summer with my sister through church! It was fantastic. I just need to apply it...I've slacked. Thanks for the info though=)

    ReplyDelete