Friday, January 14, 2011

Things that make you say hmmm...

This is Kelli's guest blogger, her sister. She is working late and not feeling well. So I was thinking about what to write and I have two different topics. The first is about what my professor said yesterday in class. I am taking an ethics class dealing with health care. She was talking about how if you believe Jesus is the way to heaven and you are not sure if your patient is a believer and they are dying, how you are not allowed to ask them or talk about it at all. Which okay, that's fine I guess. But then she said she thought it was, I cannot remember how she worded it exactly, but Very wrong to even pray for you patients. What?! She said you do not know what they believe in, they could be Jewish for all you know so you should not pray for them. She asked if any of us wanted to argue that, and I did not rasie my hand like I wish I would have now. I believe you should pray for anyone you want to. God should be our best friend that we tell everything to right? So we should be able to tell him alllll about our patients if we wanted to. What do you think?


Secondly, today a little girl, named Kate who Kelli has talked about before, is in New York having testing done. She is 4 years old. The same age as my son. She is having a spinal tap among other things! I cannot imagine Cameron having to go through what this little girl is going through. She is the sweetest little thing, always giving you a big smile. She loves being in a doctors office and she probably does not realize what she is going through. She had to be sedated for the testing today and I bet that was scary for her parents, and for her. I just pray that they get answers and are accepted for whatever treatment she needs and then California is where she will have to go next. I pray God has a miracle in mind for Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment