Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cold Bags



Nathan and I did some shopping at Meijer today and I try to be green when possible so I bring in my own “shopping bags.” When we were living in Florida we got two really nice sturdy cold bags from Fresh Market. They keep your cold or hot items the way you want for up to 4 hours which was perfect for us since we had haul our  groceries back to the island which was always a fun process.
On our way out of Meijer today a lady stopped me and asked where I got my cold bags from. She like how sturdy they were. We told her and I asked if she ever got online and she said she didn’t get on the computer. We walked away then and I looked at Nathan and said “We should give her one of ours?” And Nathan knows me so well so he said yes. So I went back and gave her one. She asked if I was sure and did I want any money for it. I didn’t. I just wanted to help one of God’s children. I can easily get another one, easier than this woman could.
I write this story not for props but to show that I do what I preach, you could say. I write about helping others and I ask you to dig in your pocket and in your heart to help someone else and I want you to know that I do it too. I’m not here trying to get others to give their money and time but yet I don’t. I just want to create a better world for everyone. A world where we reach out and help others and show that we care, whether we know each other or not

No comments:

Post a Comment