Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tempted

Guest Blogger: Kristen Again..


Our Pastor always posts on Facebook what his sermon is going to be about. Tomorrow is going to be on "Temptation". I am pretty excited to hear about this, because we all get tempted some way or another. Like me, I know I need to eat healthier, but with all the not-so-healthy food I have at home, or when I go out to eat it's hard. I was in a fit club about 2 years ago, we had a personal trainer and free membership to the YMCA. We were in two teams, three people to a team. The other two people on my team quit pretty quickly so it was just me against the three other girls on the other team. My trainer could be compared to Jillian on the Biggest Loser, she was not kidding around and kicked my butt! We weighed in every week, and it was always so exciting to see how we all did. I remember the last week, I knew it was really close between me and another girl. So I worked SO hard that week especially. The day of the last weigh in I stayed at the gym for hours, running, walking, and barely drinking any water because I knew if I did it could show up on the scale. I barely ate that day. This was the only day I went this far, through out the whole thing I ate really healthy and worked out every day. But this day I wanted to win SO bad I went extreme. I mean, I was competing for a trip to Orlando, Florida! So finally we do the weigh-in, and the girl who I was worried about lost 8 pounds! I was like great....she won. I stepped on the scale and lost 10 pounds in ONE week!!! And got under 200 pounds. I was ecstatic. I still wasn't sure if I had won but it was a milestone to get under 200 pounds, that was my ultimate goal. Anyways, I'm not sure how I got off on this but I remember how I felt when I could wear the smaller sizes and run on a treadmill, and I remember telling my mom to shoot me(not for real) if I ever had to wear those bigger sizes again. Well...I am in them...I have a gym membership....and I'm eating whatever/whenever. It is SO hard to get motivated on your own. I did so well before b/c I was in a competition and I am competitive and I had someone on my butt at all times. Well I guess I am just hoping tomorrows sermon gets me and I am no longer tempted w/this way of living and get off my butt and get back in shape!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment