Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just START

I am not a fan of cleaning, dishes or putting laundry away. My husband and I are both good at neglecting these house duties. 
20090621023651
Our house usually becomes a disaster and THEN I do something about it. The funny thing is I’m not a fan of clutter and it drives me nuts and I’ll straighten here and there but to clean, ummm….nah. Tonight though I rearranged the living room (my husband hates it but he’ll learn to love it), cleaned out our suitcase and put the laundry away, washed our new sheets and put them on the bed and picked up the kitchen a bit. I don’t usually get this much done unless I get in a “mood” to do it.
However the thing I’ve learned is, the hardest part is just getting started and this applies in every aspect of our lives; cleaning, getting up earlier, dieting, exercising, homework, going back to school, etc. If we can just get motivated to do it and START then it’s downhill from here. This is a perfect time to talk about this with all the New Year’s Resolutions (btw, have you come up with one word for twenty-eleven?) being made. So I encourage everyone to just take one step at a time and START. You don’t have to reach your goal in a day, month or even a year as long as you’re moving forward. And don’t say “I’ll start Monday…” because you won’t. You’ll keep putting it off. START TODAY! Why wait?
Taking life 24 fps
     Kellee

No comments:

Post a Comment