Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mornings

I am not a morning person. I really wish I was though! I’m not grumpy or anything, I just can’t get up and once I do I’m not very talkative. I have to ease into my day.

Today however I was up early (9:45-early for me). This was awesome b/c I got so much accomplished and still had time left in my day and I didn’t have to hurry and get ready for work. That’s why I wish I was a morning person b/c so much can be accomplished before noon. My problem is, I always get motivated a couple hours before work and then I have to quit what I’m doing to go to work, ugh. I hate being interrupted when I’m on a roll (which it’s my fault for not starting early enough).
The other bonus of getting up early is I have the house to myself while my husband sleeps. I don’t get much done when someone else is in the house. I like to be by myself when I clean or spend time with God (reading, praying, journaling) b/c then I don’t get distracted. I think I have some form of A.D.D. b/c I get distracted very easily or maybe it’s the Gemini in me?

Is anyone a morning person? Any ideas to help? I set my alarm 2-3 times but then I hit snooze….every time=)

2 comments:

  1. I have *NO* advise. I am not a morning person either! I work 3rd shift so my "morning" is around 4 p.m. and on the weekends it's SO HARD for me to wake up. But once I'm up, it feels great! But I agree, it's the initial GETTING OUT OF BED that is so hard. My bed is warm. And comfy. And I love it. Why would I want to remove myself from it... really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! Exactly, it's warm and cozy AND my husband is in there with me=) why would I want to get out? except that to live my life i need to remove myself from it and the more time i have away from it the more i can get accomplished. what a catch 22...lol

    ReplyDelete