Monday, February 7, 2011

Why Doubt?

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. John 14:29
Peter starts off well, takes a few steps, and begins to sink.
Jesus asks, "Why did you doubt?"
I pause and ponder, "Who did Peter doubt? Jesus or himself?"
And it seems there's a whisper in response...
Same thing.
What I mean is this...
I no longer live but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20
I'm still quick to protest, "But I have so many weaknesses!"
And then I remember that every promise given and every truth declared was for us, all of us, and none of us have it together.
Our humanity isn't too much for God.
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it's the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
There is nothing God can't do through a heart fully surrendered to Him.
Nothing.

Lead an entire nation through a desert.
Knock down a giant with a single stone.
Fulfill His purpose for your life.
Let's believe that in us, through us, in spite of us...
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
What does this sound like in our everyday lives?
"This seems impossible for me. But nothing is impossible for the God who lives in me. That means all things really are possible for me too. I can do this with Him."
Now that's good news!
Can I get an "amen" and a "woo-hoo" too?
--by Holley Gerth

No comments:

Post a Comment