Saturday, February 5, 2011

JOY

I have such JOY in my life these days! I feel happy all the time. When someone asks me how I’m doing and I say super or great, I mean it. I’m smiling constantly and life couldn’t be better.
Now you may think that I don’t’ have struggles or bills to pay or drama the way I’m talking (or I should say writing) but I do, well not the drama. I just see life differently than before. I have a God that loves me, supports me, encourages me and forgives me. He is always there even when I mess up or I’m not perfect.
I’m so grateful for what I have. A roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, hot water, a car to drive, clothes to wear, books to read, a wonderful family and a very loving husband. My job isn’t my dream but it pays the bills and everyone there is super. I’m so thankful for the little things and the big things.
My church family is spectacular! I love our pastor and his sermons and his bible studies. I’m growing and learning and becoming a better person every day. I’m not even close to perfect but I’m on my way;-)
I would never have guessed that I’d be back in Lima again working and living and for the time being settling down but God has a plan for me and I couldn’t be happier. Being happy isn’t about wealth, prestige, and glamour. There is so much more to life. The “things” that bring me the greatest joy are helping others and making them smile. I am truly blessed and always have been and I’d like to return the love. And when I say blessed, I don’t mean everything was given to me or I was born into money. I’ve worked since I was 15, paid for all my cars, paying for college (now and foever-haha seems that way) and so on, you get the idea. I’ve worked hard for what I have and I’ve made mistakes and I’m learning from them and correcting them. I was fortunate to have help when I needed it. My life hasn’t been easy but it definitely hasn’t been as rough as others.
I think one of the smartest things you can do is look around you and see what you have, not what you don’t have. Gratefulness will help you see things a lot differently. My parents struggled when they first got married and my mom said what helped her get through it was seeing all that they did have.
Right now, I can say that I feel true JOY all the time and this is a first. I’ve always been a happy, positive, and optimistic person but this is a whole new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment