Friday, February 11, 2011

It's the Journey

I am totally raising my hand on this topic! This is so me and I'm trying to work on it.

      ~It is the journey not the destination.......

Ha! I want to get to the destination as fast as possible. No waiting, no pausing, no stopping. Lets get there A.F.A.P. -As Fast As Possible. And I'm talking about everything in life like; moving to the next big age in life like turning 16 so I can drive and 21 so I can drink, or once I was engaged getting to the wedding day and not enjoying being engaged, or moving on to the next season-summer's too hot lets get to fall and winter is depressing me so lets get to spring. I forget to enjoy where I am and the path to my destination. I want to move on NOW! I've mentioned before that when Nathan and I would drive up to Ohio from Florida I hardly wanted to make any stops and just wanted to get to my destination. I don't know how to enjoy the journey. I think I have a fast forward button in me somewhere that doesn't have a slow down or pause button with it.

There is a country song that talks about a girl who is wanting to rush through life. First she wants to turn 16 and then get married and then have babies right away and then a bigger house. She doesn't enjoy where she is. We live in a society where everything is fast and we don't know how to wait. Everything is instant. Really what kind of life is this? Is it really that enjoyable?

When we are faced with tests, trials and tribulations we want out as fast as possible. We pray that God would fix our problem yesterday. And when God doesn't act right away we get upset and mad at Him. We question Him and His love for us. James 1:2 "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." Wait, what? I'm suppose to be happy about trials? YES!

When things are going well in life we tend to forget about God or spending time with Him. We can "control" things. But once we face trouble then we come to God and need Him again. If God fixed our problems right away, what would we learn? We wouldn't grow and learn. Our character wouldn't be enhanced. So again the journey of our problems being fixed is more important than the destination of all being well again. The journey helps our faith grow and our love for God, the Almighty and Powerful.

From here on out lets try to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the path, smell the roses and even have a picnic! Lets enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment