Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cherish

I was checking Facebook Monday morning and I saw a post that I had to reread like 3 times because it took me my surprise. A dear friend of mine had lost her dad and it was a total shock to everyone. Ashli lives in Columbus and her family is here in Lima. She had talked to her dad after Super Bowl and a couple hours later he had a heart attack (that's what I've been told). Ashli has always been very close to her parents so I can only imagine the pain she and her mom are feeling.  

This is a reminder that we never know what will happen in the next minute, hour or day so we need to cherish all the hours and days we have with the friends and family we care about. We need to stop putting off calling this friend or rescheduling that lunch with your sister because you have to many "chores" to do. Our time here is precious so lets make sure we are arranging our lives to acknowledge this. Lets try not to get caught up in life and running the rat race that we forget what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment