Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grumpy

Guest Blogger- Kristen

This morning my day started off with an argument with my significant other and a whining four year old. It seems when our day starts out negative it sets a tone for the rest of the day. IF we let it. In my mind I told myself "ugh this is going to be a bad day". Before I even left the house I asked my boyfriend if we could just get over it now so it didn't ruin our day, but we were both still annoyed. So that didn't work. Cameron and I went to pancake day at church and when anyone asked how I was, I would normally say "Great, Good or Fine". Not today, I told them I was not having a good morning. Why be fake? My best friend, Amanda was there this morning and I had not seen her in a week! Which is long for us. She is always happy like my mom and sister. When I am grumpy, happy people just get on my nerves! Which is awful to say I know, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Through out the time I was at church I was feeling better already. Just being around everyone. After we left, Amanda came over to play cards and she was humming a really "happy" tune. I was like "Could you PLEASE stop being so HAPPY". Which I was joking around, that's how we are with each other. But then through out playing cards and talking with her, I begin humming and it was getting on her nerves lol. I told her I was happy now! I could have just stayed grumpy and angry through out the day but instead I chose to move on with my day and not take it out on the happy people I was around.

My mom had had a bad day yesterday and I wanted to cheer her up so I got her a puzzle. She LOVES doing puzzles and yesterday she finished a big one that she had been working on. I took it to her today and she was SO happy. She opened it pretty quickly after I gave it to her and we started sorting out the pieces. My mom is amazing, and if I had gone on my day being grumpy I would not have been able to make her day. So....moral of my story............BE HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment