Friday, June 18, 2010

Seeking wisdom

David's first visit was to Amsterdam where he met President Harry Truman. After he read his 'letter' that Mr. Truman wrote him about the buck stops here, David travels to the middle east and meets King Solomon, the wisest man in the world. This is the advice Solomon gives David.

The Second Decision for Success: I will seek Wisdom
  • I will actively search out wisdom knowing that it waits to be gathered
  • My past can never be changed but I can change the future by changing my actions today
  • I will train my eyes and ears to read and listen to books and recordings that bring about positive changes in my personal relationships and a greater understanding of my fellowman
  • No longer will I bombard my mind with materials that feed my doubts and fears. I will read and listen only to what increases my belief in myself and my future
  • I will seek wisdom and choose my friends with care
  • From this moment forward, I will choose to associate with people whose lives and lifestyles I admire. If I associate with chickens, I will learn to scratch at the ground and squabble over crumbs. If I associate with eagles, I will learn to soar to great heights. I am an eagle. It is my destiny to fly!
  • I will listen to the counsel of wise men
  • When I counsel with just myself, I can make decisions only according to what I already know. By counseling with a wise man, I add his knowledge and experience to my own and dramatically increase my success.
  • I will be a servant to others
  • A wise man will cultivate a servant's spirit, for that particular attribute attracts people like no other
  • As I humbly serve others, their wisdom will be freely shared with me
  • Many times, a servant has the ear of the king, and a humble servant often becomes a king, for he is the popular choice of the people. He who serves the most grows the fastest
  • I will not look for someone to open my door-- I will look to open the door for someone. I will not be distressed when no one is available to help me--I will be excited when I am available to help
  • I will be a servant to others. I will listen to the counsel of wise men. I will choose my friends with care. I will seek wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment