Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Big Guy

I have always believed in God but I didn't go to church or read the Bible. I prayed when I needed him but that's it. That all changed in 2007 around the time my grandpa passed. For some reason I needed to know more and I wanted to read the Bible and anything else I could get my hands on. It's funny how once you know more about someone or something your opinion changes and you appreciate him/her/it more. The more I learned about God's love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy the more I loved Him and I became a better person because of it. Here are some amazing things I've learned in the last 2 years.
  • God loves us with unconditionally love and more than anyone does. There is nothing we can do to change that. He never disqualifies or writes us off.
  • As long as you ASK for forgiveness, He will forgive you. No matter what you did!
  • He believes in us more than anyone does including ourselves.
  • He gave us all gifts, talents, dreams and desires. We just need to tap into them.
  • God is patient and never gives up on us. He is the God of second chances.
  • For me personally He has, answered my prayers, comforted me and gave me peace, guided and directed my steps, blessed me and has made me a more loving and forgiving person.
I included this blog b/c without God I wouldn't have any peace or passion or be able to get through the tough times. He Is my encouragement and strength. He Is the one who uplifts me and helps me get through my day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for writing this. I have someone in mind I am going to share it with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete