Saturday, June 5, 2010

happy birthday to meeee

June 5th, 1982 was the day I graced everyone with my presence. LoL Which means today is my 28th birthday! Almost 30........I have had 2 fantastic days filled with fabulous people, good food, yummy drinks, super presents and lots of love. I'm sorry it'll end too quickly. (Only 4 hrs left)

My sister has gone above and beyond to make my day very special. Last night we went to dinner at the Beer Barrel b/c her boyfriend wanted to treat me to dinner (very thoughtful) and what do you know......there's a whole table of friends waiting for me. Today Kristen treated me to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and once again I was surprised with more fantastic company. I have been surrounded by people who love me and care about me and I couldn't ask for a better birthday. The fact that these people took the time to celebrate with me is astonishing. Not b/c I'm hard to like but b/c they took the time out of their busy lives to be with me. One friend even drove 50 minutes just to have lunch!

I would like to think that I received this much love b/c I have given the same amount. I reap what I sow. When you are caring and giving you will be rewarded for it. When you go the extra mile for someone, they will return the favor. When you forgive you will be forgiven and so on. I think everyone wants to be thought of on their birthday so when people show that they did it warms your heart.

So my point today? First off I'm very thankful for my family and friends and their love. My birthday wouldn't have been as special without them. I don't know if I would have received what I did with a bad attitude and not sharing my love. And secondly, don't forget to remember these special days. Birthdays are the only days when it's all about you and you can celebrate you. We all like the attention once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment