Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"I do"

A friend on Facebook just got engaged last weekend which got me thinking about my wedding. (It just happened in November so it's still new) The proposal, the planning, finding the perfect dress and the excitement of starting your life with the one you love. I was so excited for her b/c I knew what lie ahead for her. Besides I think most girls get giddy about proposal stories and engagement rings anyway.

There's nothing better than finding that special someone. That someone that you can be yourself around and that knows you better than anyone. That someone who wants to give you the world and puts you first. You can tell that someone anything and he supports and encourages your dreams and he makes you a better person. It's a true blessing when you find your best friend.

When you pick the right someone it makes life so much better. You're no longer alone but sharing your life with the one who makes you complete. Marriage is awesome but the key is to choose the right person. Don't rush into it and make sure you're ready for it because it is work. You have to compromise and think of someone else. It is no longer "I" but "we and us." Don't worry if all your friends are getting married or you're getting closer to 30 (or whatever age you think you should be married by). It's much better to be single then be married and miserable. Don't get caught up in the "love" and the idea of marriage. It's a lot tougher than you think. Everyone deserves to be happy and with the one they truly love so don't settle for less.

I know how very lucky I am to have Nathan and I thank God for him every night! I'm so glad that I was picky and never settled for less than what I wanted or deserved.


1 comment: