Thursday, June 17, 2010

the buck stops here!

David Ponder has just lost his job with a fortune 500 company. He has lost everything he worked so hard to obtain; job/title, salary, company car, and now no severance. David is working for minimum wage and his wife is cleaning houses to pay the bills. But when his daughter gets sick he starts wondering if it would be better if he wasn't around anymore. He has life insurance.........

David ends up skidding on black ice and isn't sure he wants to survive the crash. His last words are "Why me?" Then the weirdest thing happens.......

This is the book I'm reading right now. The Traveler's Gift. David travels back into time and meets some of the wisest people who ever lived and receives seven secrets for success and a second chance to create a life worth living.

First decision for succes: The buck stops here
  • I will accept responsibility for my past. The beginning of wisdom is to accept the responsibilities for my own problems and that by accepting responsibility for my past, I will free myself to move into a bigger, brighter future of MY OWN choosing
  • If I allow myself to blame uncontrollable forces for my lack of success, I will be forever caught in a web of the past
  • I WILL look forward and I WILL not let my history control my destiny
  • I am where I am today-mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially because of my decisions I have made
  • My decisions have ALWAYS been governed by my thinking therefore I am where I am today because of how I think
  • We can begin the process of changing where we are by changing the way we think
  • My thoughts will be CONSTRUCTIVE never destructive
  • I will seek the association of those who are working and striving to bring about positive changes in the world
  • God did not put in me the ability to make the right decision every time BUT He did put in me the ability to make a decision and then make it right if need be
  • I control my thoughts. I control my emotions
  • In the future when I'm tempted to ask "Why me?" I will immediately counter with the answer "Why NOT me?"
  • Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn
  • Adversity is preparation for greatness
  • I am responsible for my success
  • THE BUCK STOPS HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment