Sunday, June 13, 2010

Now is perfect

So just a few moments ago I was thinking about my new sandals and how I didn't want them to get ruined too quickly. Well I think "I'll just wear them for "special" occasions, not all the time." How many of us have thought this? You hold on to "special" things until the time is right. It reminds me of the movie Home Alone 2 where Kevin is talking to the "bird woman." He mentions how he got new roller blades/skates for Christmas but never wore them because he didn't want to ruin them (something like that). Point is though by the time he did want to use them they were too small.

This isn't the first time I've had this thought. I've done it with perfumes/lotions also. I don't use them unless it is the perfect circumstance. My grandma had the "fine" dining silverware for the holidays but when she passed my mom got them. Smart woman that my mom is she used them for the everyday silver. You don't know what kind of time you have here or what will happen in life so lets stop holding off on things until the perfect time. Right now is the perfect time.

We have all used excuses like "I can't because I have to clean" or "Tomorrow I will but today the laundry needs to be done." There will come a day when tomorrow for you or someone else isn't here so lets embrace the day we have right in front of us. Isn't spending time with your daughter, father, friend more important than dusting? Relationships and people are so much more important than if your house is clean or the laundry is done. When you are with Jesus people won't say "Boy did she have a perfect house", they're going to say "Wow, she was always there for me and I could always talk to her."

One of the things that I love most about my husband is that when I start talking to him he stops what he's doing and gives me his undivided attention. I love this because he's showing me he cares and I feel like he's interested. I can certainly say I don't do this. I'm actually pretty bad at this. It's not that I don't want to listen, it's that I don't like to stop what I'm doing. I'm the kind of person that wants to finish something before I stop. There's no breaks for me but Nathan doesn't mind. Because of Nathan's acknowledgement though I try to do better. There's nothing worse than talking to someone who acts like he doesn't care. It makes you feel like you're unimportant or what you have to say isn't important.

Jesus is a super example. He was never too busy for anyone, ever. If he was on his way but someone stopped him, he'd help or talk. Jesus took the time for anyone that needed him and I think we ALL should be the same way.

Conclusion: don't save things for the perfect time, now is perfect; put relationships and people before chores;stop what you're doing and listen when someone is talking to you and be more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment