Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whisper...

For the last couple of days I have been feeling under the weather and each day new symptoms appear. Last night my voice started going and just now after work tonight I am now down to a whisper. Have to say, not a fan of that. For me, it's scary not to be able to talk or at least not that loud. I'm not sure what it is that scares me, it just does. 


Today November 7th I am thankful for my voice and my senses like hearing, seeing, smelling and touching. Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be deaf, blind or mute? Life would definitely take a turn. For those of us who have always had these things, we take them for granted. But what if one day there was an accident and you lost your eyesight? Or hearing? Or couldn't talk? What would you do? How would you cope? I'm not saying this to make us sad but instead to see how fortunate we are to have these things. We usually take everyday things for granted until one day they're gone. I know for sure that I cannot wait to be back to my normal voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment