Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness Day

On most Sunday mornings I stop somewhere to get coffee to give me a burst of energy since I work late on Saturday night and get up early on Sunday. This morning a friend ended up going to the same place I did but she went through the drive-thru and I went inside. For whatever reason I thought it would be nice to buy her drink today, maybe because I was on my way to church, who knows? Ever get that desire to just want to do something nice? 


I don't write about this to brag about myself or to make myself look good. I talk about helping others and thinking of others in my blogs and I want to show that I practice what I "preach." Today I want to make this day "Random Acts of Kindness" Day. Go out and do something nice for someone else. It doesn't have to involve spending money. It can be writing a letter to a friend or family member or a phone call, or maybe helping a neighbor with a chore. Maybe someone has been struggling and making her dinner or bringing dessert would cheer her up. Be creative. It's amazing what a thoughtful act can do to help someone else. 


November 28th~I am thankful for those who are helping me raise money for World Vision this Christmas. I couldn't do this by myself. These children will be blessed because of the loving and caring people around me. 


P.S. If you don't read this blog today, then whatever day you read it, make that day Random Acts of Kindness day. And really it could be every day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment