Saturday, November 6, 2010

Less than $1/day

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...Mother Teresa


November 6th~For those of you who have been unemployed and struggling to pay bills, you know how important a job is. A job provides money and security and confidence. The jobs we hold aren't always perfect BUT it is better than the alternative. When I left Florida and moved back to Ohio, I spent four months trying to find a job. Talk about stressful. I have been learning about the extreme poverty around the world, mostly in Africa and in some areas unemployment is 75%! Can you imagine? The people in Africa live on less than a $1/day! Think about it. We'll just say a $1/day, that is $365/year! Us, in America make that in a week or two weeks or we'll even say a month. We make 12x-24x or for some 52x what they make! Doesn't that make you grateful? I know I am. Today I am thankful for my job and the opportunities I have to advance and move ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment