Friday, November 5, 2010

First One!

Happy Anniversary to me or maybe I should say US! Today is our first wedding anniversary and I couldn't be happier or more excited. Yes, it's only been a year and really we're just getting started BUT it's been a fabulous year with ups and downs. 


I've definitely learned that marriage is NOT easy and it DOES take work but it is so worth it when you both do the work. Compromise is huge! Wasn't something I was good at until I found the man that was worth compromising with. 


We didn't do anything spectacular for our first anniversary. Had ideas but cost more than we could afford at this time. The two days off we had together were wonderful and just spending that time together was special. Yesterday Nathan surprised me with roses! In the three years we've been together, I have received flowers twice, first time was the day before our wedding and then yesterday. So that was pretty special. I really do enjoy the simple things we do together like running errands, having a drink at the bar and talking, watching anime and eating ice cream, reading in bed and walking the dog. Those are the moments I wouldn't trade for anything. 


Today on November 5th I'm sure you can all figure out; I'm thankful for my amazing husband who would do anything for me and loves me unconditionally. I'm so blessed to have found my best friend and partner in this crazy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment