Sunday, May 22, 2011

This is the Day

A year ago today a high school friend lost her husband at only 29 years old leaving her and two young daughters and a good friend of my brother's lost his dad. Both were unexpected (in a sense) and tragic. You never know when someone you love will be taken away. Rian (who lost her husband) posted on fb today "In memory of my husband today, I ask that each one of my friends here on facebook to please take the time today and let people know that you love them. You never know what may happen. If you are married please spend time with your spouse. I can say from experience that the grass is NOT greener on the other side. I love you Aaron Griffith! Miss you terribly!


I know this isn't the happiest of thoughts or conversation today. However we get so caught up in living and day to day life, that we need to remember to take a break and celebrate those in our life. We need to tell them we love them and care about them. We need to refocus on what is really important. Today is a great day! Why? Because, This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24 

No comments:

Post a Comment