Sunday, May 8, 2011

M-O-M

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the fabulous, loving, kind, supporting moms out there! What would we do without you????

Today our pastor talked about mother's reflecting who God is and His love for us. He said everytime we look at our moms to be reminded of God and his love for us. Nathan also said that without moms our world would go into disarray and I have to agree;-) Dads are awesome but usually have the opposite qualities of a mom.

I know without my mom, my life definitely wouldn't be as complete or happy. I count and depend on her for so much. She is always there, always loving me. Everyone in the world can be mad at you and discount you, but not moms. Moms are right there supporting you and loving you and not giving up.

My life has been so blessed, not because I'm rich and have everything I've ever wanted (which I'm not and don't) but because I had a home full of love and support from two fabulous parents. I don't know what it's like to be from a home where there is abuse of any kind or parents who aren't around or don't support you. I had and still do have a home where I'm always welcomed, where I feel safe and where I can go anytime. That is huge in this world! This world can become very lonely. One of the greatest joys in this world is to love and to BE LOVED. Who doesn't want to be loved?

I've watched my sister and my friends become mothers and it's such an amazing transformation. Instantly there's a new love, like no other for that new baby in their arms. I haven't experienced it but I can definitely see it.

I know mother's aren't perfect and there's some not so great ones but mother's have a tough job and I have a lot of respect for them. I don't know how they do it all!

To my Mom THANKS for:
  • putting me in dance and coming to my dress rehearsals and recitals
  • letting me play sports and coming to all my games or meets
  • coming to all my colorguard events and football games
  • new clothes every school year
  • supplying for all my needs
  • helping me feed my barbie addiction as a kid
  • getting me addicted to books
  • the awesome bunk bed thing and tent bed we had as kids
  • teaching me to give people the benefit of the doubt
  • giving me a safe and loving home
  • being my professional cleaner when I need you
  • helping us with our laundry
  • giving us memorable holidays and easter eggs with clues =)
  • making me responsible and dependable
  • showing us that we can be happy as long as we have health and family
  • showing us hard work
  • support and encouragement during the important times like college, traveling, moving and my wedding
  • plus the hundred other things you have done and still do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment