Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reality Is

Reality is, we will have bad days. Some you can control and some you can't. Woke up this morning (I went to bed after 2:30) at 8:30 b/c my dog was going nuts and needed out, then woke up at 9:30 with cramps and back pain and stayed in bed til 10:30 but HAD to get up b/c I had a hair appt at 11, which was 20 minutes away. So I got my hair cut, came back home and tried to read and be productive but no go. As soon as I started reading my eyes got heavy and I was going to fall asleep. Ugh. My day is not going the way I want. Went out to the couch to watch a show on my DVR and drink my coffee. Shows over and now it's time to do my blog b/c I have to work at 4 and need to get it done before since I won't be home till about 1 am. I'm sitting here, thinking.....what should I write about.....BTW on Friday the 27th, it'll be one year since I started blogging and I've done it EVERYDAY! It can be kind of hard to come up with something everyday! Talk about commitment!

So.......I'm trying to come up with something and I am NOT feeling motivated or even happy. My day hasn't been horrible but I've gotten nothing accomplished and I feel like I've wasted this afternoon. Plus I still don't feel 100%. Anyone else have days like this? Silly question, I know. I really wish I had this day off (which I normally do) but I don't. Am I inspiring anyone right now? HA. 

I do have a point today and I'm getting to it. As much as we would like to have fabulous days, everyday, we won't. Life is full of ups and downs and just blah days at times. This is my blah day. However we do have the power to control how we react to these days. Or how we will change things around. I think one of the main reasons I'm feeling so unhappy is b/c I got nothing accomplished. There were things I wanted to get done and it just ain't going to happen before I have to go to work. For me one of the biggest things I need to learn is to accept what is. Today didn't go like I would have liked but I have to accept that I'm going to have those days. I need to regroup and move forward. My life is going to be He** when I have kids if I don't learn this lesson. I like things to happen when I plan on them happening. I don't want to change plans. Once my mind is set, I don't like changing it. 

We really control our moods and emotions by what we think. Our thoughts determine how we will act and react. Once I get done here I'm going to turn on KLOVE radio and take a shower and get ready for work. I won't be thinking that I got behind and I wasted my afternoon. Instead I will think that I got the rest that I needed to feel better and tomorrow is a new day. 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment