Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Rock

So the memorial of my dear pal Kathe was yesterday from 2-4 and then I hopped (no not literally) on a boat at 4 to get to the Ft Myers airport. We had an amazing time visiting Useppa again and seeing everyone. The memorial was obviously sad in one way and wonderful in another way. Bob asked everyone to bring something that Kathe had made; paintings, Christmas cards, drawings, etc. And it was ALL amazing and so Kathe and it made you smile but for me, it made me cry mostly.

I don't know why but from the very beginning of the memorial I was in tears, no matter how strong I tried to be or how much I prayed. They would just come on their own, whether I wanted them or not and I must say this was VERY ANNOYING! I'd see everyone else talking and remembering and commenting on Kathe's artwork and I could barely talk. I didn't want Bob to see me upset (or anyone else for that matter). I wanted to be strong for him-thankfully he didn't need me, he did well on his own. So I left. First I just went down to the beach and just sat. I didn't know what to do? My amazing husband was so supportive from the very beginning when he saw how upset I was. He met me down on the beach and just sat with me until we decided to venture down to the Tarpon Bar to have a drink (I needed a drink, which doesn't happen very often. I was so emotionally drained) and visit with a dear friend working. We ended up staying there until it was time to say good-bye.

I am so thankful that Nathan was there with me. He was so loving and supportive and wonderful. He was my rock when I needed him. Yesterday was another reminder of why I married him and why I love him so much. I'm such a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment