Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hallaluah!

What an amazing day! Hallaluah! If you've been reading my posts for a while, then you know that I was raising money for World Vision; a Christian humanitarian organization that helps those in poverty around the world. Every Christmas they come out with a Christmas catalog of gifts you can purchase for those less fortunate. Items include farm animals, food, clean water, clothes, education, toys and much more. I asked for help from everyone, family, friends and my church. I raised a total of over $850 and my church, Grace Fellowship Church helped with $700 of it. 


When I first got the catalog I went through and picked the items that I would like to give and I came up with $5000 of gifts! That's when I decided to ask for help. I didn't quite reach my goal (LoL) but what a great start! I'll be doing it again next Christmas. 


With the generous donations I was able to purchase: 1 goat, 1 sheep, over $300 worth of clothing (gift was multiplied 11x's), $150 worth of necessities for people who are in poverty in the U.S., 2 chickens, 5 ducks, 2 bibles, $385 worth of new toys, 5 fruit trees, safety for a formerly exploited child, $250 worth of food and aid for Africa, and $110 for people's most urgent needs. 


I had such a hard time deciding what to give; there is sooooooooooo much need and not enough dough! Of course I am so thankful for what we could give though.  Next time I'll just work harder and longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment