Sunday, December 26, 2010

All Things Come Together

Since Christmas was yesterday and the day of Jesus' birth I thought it would be appropriate to talk about how amazing God is.

When my dear friend passed away in September I was deeply saddened and sorry I couldn't make it to New York for her memorial. Luckily for me though, Bob was having another one on Useppa for all the friends who loved her here. The other day I was reading past journal entries and I had wrote that I wanted to visit Bob in New York and if that wasn't possible then Useppa. I had prayed that everything would work out at the right time and it did.

When I found out the date of the memorial I started looking for plane tickets and they were way out of my budget. But fortunately I had help and was able to purchase tickets and my husband was able to come with me. We got the days off from work with no problems, even though we would be gone at Christmas, a busy time in the restaurant world. However we did run into trouble with Nathan and his drivers license. This is a rather long story. Short version, he never got his Minnesota license and he didn't have his valid birth certificate so he couldn't get an Ohio license. We couldn't buy his birth certificate online because he didn't have a picture ID to fax with the application but luckily his mom is living in WI and was able to go to Madison to get his valid birth certificate. We got the certificate in time for Nathan to get his permit so he would have a picture ID and could get on the plane.

We didn't have any trouble with our flights. We got right on and we even got in early to Ft Myers. So far we're having an amazing time visiting with everyone. I am just so thankful that everything came together for this trip and I have God to thank for that. He knew when the right time was to come and he planned it all out for me.

There are many times when we try to force things to happen at the wrong time instead of just waiting patiently for the right time. I know it isn't easy but it's so worth it if you can wait. There are many stories in the bible of people who tried to make things happen when they thought it should happen instead of waiting on God. And because they didn't wait, their lives became more difficult when it didn't need to be that way. (One example is Abraham and Sarah in Genesis)

When I was reading past journal entries I saw what I had prayed for months ago and I saw how God had answered my prayers and was moving in my life. I totally recommend having a prayer journal so you can revisit your prayers and see how God is answering them. It's easy to forget what you had prayed for which means you don't realize God had answered them. When you know and see that God answered your prayers it helps your faith grow and your walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment