Thursday, April 28, 2011

THANKFUL

I started a new book yesterday (which I shouldn't have since I already started like 5 and haven't finished any!). This book is about empowering women and educating them. How if we do these things we can better our world and stop hunger and disease. Women are treated so unfairly and unequally in Asia, Japan, China and Africa. They are treated as unworthy and less than nothing. Atrocious acts are done to them. Things we can't even imagine happening in America. Reading the heartbreaking stories makes me so thankful for God. How so? Because no matter what happens here on Earth, no matter how bad it gets, we have a better place to go. This world is not the best it gets. Heaven is and we will get there one day. I hate reading these stories. It breaks my heart and angers me. How can people be so cruel and mean? How can you treat another person, God's child, this way? What gives you the right to act this way? I hate the pain and despair these women are going through. But the joy I have reading these stories and after is knowing that the fight they have here on Earth will be righted in Heaven. The only thing though is I don't know how many know Jesus? When I read this book I think "What horrible lives these women have right now. I don't know how they get through it and move on? What hope do they have?" I know I have Jesus to get me through the tough times. I have Him to lean on and trust. But do these women? Do they know the comfort and peace Jesus can and will give you? If they don't, I have no idea how they fight and move on? Reading such devastating stories makes me soooo THANKFUL  that I know Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him! Because if I didn't--one, my life would be so much tougher and two, I wouldn't have the hope and joy of knowing that no matter what happens here on Earth, I will one day be in Heaven with my Father, where life will be grand and the wrongings will be made right.

No comments:

Post a Comment