Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Much Needed Heart Transplant

If someone asked me why she should believe in Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit, I would say.......because you get a much needed heart transplant! That's right a heart transplant. Your heart of stone will be changed into a heart of flesh. 


I'm sure many of us know people who are unforgiving, selfish, egotistical, arrogant, unkind, unloving and all those other "fabulous" traits. It's kind of hard to be around them, huh........or love them.....or care about them. Or how about the people who are just negative, pessimistic and down in the mouth. Are they any more fun? Is it easy to change those attitudes, thoughts and perspectives? Not usually. BUT with God all things are possible.

God is the God of love. He is love. It is truly an amazing transformation that takes place when the Holy Spirit is dwelling inside you and you have Jesus to turn too. I've always been a sunshine kind of person, glass half full and so on. However having God inside me makes me a much better person. I've always been a sarcastic one. The words would fly out of my mouth before I could even think about it. I could be competitive and jealous at times. I hated to lose (and to a point I still do but I'm getting much better). My insecurities would make me judge people before I even knew them. I liked to gossip and get the latest scoop. Have you noticed I'm writing in past tense? My attitude and most importantly my HEART have changed. I'm not that girl anymore. I see things through God's eyes (not all the time yet, though. still working on that). My heart of flesh has love, compassion, kindness, forgiveness, and no judging or criticizing (well very little compared to before). I see the best in people and look past their attitudes because we all come from different backgrounds and were raised differently. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt. No one is perfect. Only Jesus.

A friend of mine is really upset at his boss right now and said some things that were just mean and unnecessary. I couldn't believe he was saying the things he was about something that was so minor in life. Whatever was happening at work did not justify his attitude and words. So I prayed that God would intervene and work on his heart. That is the only thing that will change my friend. God is the only one that can change his heart of stone into a heart of flesh. I feel bad for my friend to have all that anger and rage and not know what to do with it or where to turn. I know we all get mad from time to time and unfair things happen but having God on your side to turn to is a tremendous help and encouragement. When you know that God is leading you and directing you and loving you, you can relax and trust. It won't be easy but you can have more peace of mind than if you didn't.

So what is so great about this "heart transplant?" I just told you=)

No comments:

Post a Comment