Thursday, April 7, 2011

lunch date

There is nothing better than bringing someone to Jesus! A friend of mine has been wanting to come to church but has been a little hesitant. I've told people at church about him and last week a friend from church, Lorrie asked if he was still going to come. I told her the reasons for his hesitation and she said she'd be happy to meet us for lunch sometime. I asked John* if he would be interested and he said yes, and we met today. 


First off I can't thank Lorrie enough for taking the time to meet John* and talk to him. Lorrie has been around for a while and she knows God's Word and she's has struggles but she also knows God's faithfulness and goodness. She is passionate about God and wants to bring people to Him. I couldn't have said the things John* needed to hear like she did. To have a friend like Lorrie is amazing because you have someone to teach you about God and the Bible. I've been a believer for a long time but not a follower, not a Bible reader, and not a church goer. I still have A LOT to learn. 


When Nathan and I moved home last March one of the main things that got me through those tough four months was church, bible study and the people. I want John* to have the same support, encouragement and help. And if I can help his journey by introducing him to a veteran believer I certainly will=)

No comments:

Post a Comment