Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slumber Party

Nathan and I had dinner with some friends tonight and now our nephew, Cameron is spending the night. Cameron is four and loves to come to our house because I bought Lego Batman for XBox, just for when he comes over. Anytime I see him one of his first questions is "Can I come to your house?" And yes he is adorable when he asks and it's very hard to say no but it's not us or our house he wants to visit, it's the game. It's all about the game. Before I bought it he would rarely ask to come over but now it can be a daily thing if I see him. I feel very used ;-) LoL


One of the very first things he says when he comes over is "I'm thirsty", never fails. The one day we were at his house (which is right next door to my place-yes we live next to each other) and he didn't want anything to drink but as soon as he walked in my door, he was thirsty. It's like clockwork. Silly boy....haha. 


Cameron just started spending the night over here the other week. Our extra bed is actually leaning against the bedroom wall (I need the extra space) so he was going to sleep on the couch. However we go into my room to read and settle down for bed and he sees the loveseat and says "Can I sleep there!" He was so excited and it is the perfect size for him. I had totally forgot about it being in our room. Probably because we never sit on it; it's used for throwing our clothes on. The second time Cam spent the night, at bedtime he went into my room and throw all the clothes off the loveseat into my closet. 


As of right now he is finishing playing Batman (imagine that) and then we are going to watch Harry and the Hendersons. I've never seen it but I've heard it's cute. I've never been close to my aunts and uncles but I hope to be close to Cameron Joe (his middle name is Joseph-I call him Cameron Joe a lot) as he grows up. I want our home to be home to him and a place he feels comfortable coming too. He's the only grandchild/nephew in our family so he is very loved and spoiled right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment