Monday, March 21, 2011

Teens For Christ

Yesterday at church Teens for Christ came and sang and did "skits" you could say. Honestly I didn't think I would get much from it and I really don't know why I thought this.......One of the only reasons I went yesterday was because I had to talk about World Vision and donating to Japan for relief and supplies. How wrong was I! I got so much from them yesterday and I even had to leave early due to another manager at work being sick. 


Here are some things that I either learned or made me think:

  • You can choose to sin but you can't choose the consequences!
  • Christians want the Christian life to be like vacationing on a cruise ship but in reality it's more like we are on a battleship. 
  • What will be said about OUR generation? What impact are we making in this world? How will it direct the future? What will history books say? Are we creating the world we want for our children? Grandchildren?
  • Are you a born again Christian living life the way you want, doing what you want? Are you engaging in God's calling for you? Do you teeter-totter with thoughts like "Do I live for God's call or my own decisions? Do I surrender? Do I follow God or myself?" 
  • What if all your words, actions, and thoughts were publicized for everyone to see and know? Would you be embarrassed? Does that idea change the way you act now?
  • If we aren't tested how can we build our character, strength, or faith? How can we prove ourselves if we are never tested? The people in Japan are being tested now but so are we here in the U.S. How so? Well are you helping your neighbor in need or are you ignoring them? This is just as much of a test for us as it is for the people in Japan. 
The TFC played a song and did a skit to it. There was a boy in a black robe with a long chain doubled up around his neck, hanging down (the devil). Then another boy (we'll say his name is Scott) was playing himself and a group of like 6 teens acting as demons surrounded Scott and were hissing and scaring him. It represented how we as humans can be attacked by the devil and feel stress, scared, or be addicted to drugs, alcohol or feel hopelessness, fear, like there is no future no help anywhere. They put the chains on Scott and were pulling him all over the stage. It was very moving and brought tears to my eyes. I can't explain it nearly as well as it was acted. But for anyone who has felt like there is no future, no hope, and you have been surrounded with only bad things, this skit represented that until Jesus came. At the end of the skit Jesus is walking toward Scott and "frees" him from the chains and the demons and shows him the life he can live with Christ. A joyful and happy life. It won't be easy but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments:

Post a Comment