Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Better Place

One Sunday a couple weeks ago in bible study some of the women said they wish Jesus would hurry up and come back. They were tired of all the pain and sorrow and stress and disease here and just want to be with our Heavenly Father where all we would know is joy and happiness. I'm not quite to that point yet. It's hard for me to put into words why but I'm not ready. (One reason though I know for sure is because there are still loved ones that need to be saved)
Wallpaper earth space planets 3d abstract (#28484) - Wallbase.net
However I did get a little closer to wanting Jesus to come back the other day. When I was watching videos on the conditions in Africa and the heartache and struggle for the children who lose their parents or the children who die from lack of clean water or no food; the only thing that made me feel better was knowing that when they die they would be with God in Heaven. They wouldn't suffer anymore and they would know joy, happiness, love, compassion and everything else good about God. That's the promise we have in Jesus Christ. That's the joy we have in the cross. Our world is horrible but the hope we have is knowing that there is a much better place for us when we die. This earth is not the end. It's only the beginning. 
eat cake. be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment