Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Out of the Shadows

I was overcome with emotion and tears watching this video! (I couldn't stop crying) From seeing the conditions of the schools and health clinics to the love of the caregivers for those affected by AIDS. 

“Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God.”
Bob Pierce, World Vision founder
My heart was totally broken watching this video. I could understand and feel God's pain and heartache watching his people suffer and knowing that more needs to be done to help.

I'm starting a new project soon, just figuring out the details but I did tell my husband about it. One of his responses was "Why don't I help those here in America. There's need here too." And he's totally right but God gave me a heart for Africa. I would LOVE to help EVERYONE but I'm only one person and this one person's heart is for those who are suffering from starvation, lack of clean water, disease, and AIDS. We are all part of a huge puzzle, representing one piece of it. Our one piece is unique with only our talents, gifts, personalities, desires, passions and so on. We all need to come together and put our "piece" to use toward whatever God has given us a heart for. We aren't the same. We won't all share the same passions but obviously that's good since there is need everywhere for everything. The important thing is to DO something! Help, donate, volunteer, give, share, love, care, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment