Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet Hripsime

What a wonderful day today has been and really for one reason (not that there isn't more)......I got the info on the new child Nathan and I will be sponsoring through World Vision=) Her name is Hripsime (I haven't a clue how to say it!) and she lives in Armenia. Her birthday is coming up in May; she'll be 6. I can't wait to send her a birthday gift. I've been partial to boys for the last four years since I only have a nephew but I'm pretty excited to send girlie gifts!


The first time I sponsored a child it was in 2007 and I was single. But this time Nathan and I are doing it together. I still sponsor a boy named Bless from Malawi though. I have such a heart for the orphans in Africa and when we are ready for children we will adopt. Until then (and after) I will continue to love on these children through World Vision. At least I can contribute and make a difference this way=)


For anyone not familiar with child sponsorship, I pay $35/month and this money goes to providing basic life necessities (that we take for granted here in the U.S.) like nutritious food, clean water, health care, education, and spiritual nurture. This little gift each month makes a HUGE impact in a child's life, their family's life and their community. 


So now it is time for me to get off here and get to writing my new sweet, precious, Hripsime. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment