Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yay for Work

Today is my first day of work after being on "vacation" for four months! I have never been unemployed this long, ever. I have been working since I was 15. It feels really good to be making money again since we've been depending on Nathan's salary. I have always believed that it is important to go after your dreams and passions and not to settle but today in our society, I also believe it's very important we all say thank you for the jobs we have. I know many people aren't happy with what they're doing but at least it's paying the bills and putting a roof over their head and food on the table. One of the reasons we left Useppa was to move forward in our lives and I'm doing the same thing now that I did on the island, serving. I wanted to be challenged and have responsibility but no luck. As frustrated as I am though, I'm thankful because things could be so much worse. I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, food in my belly, clothes to wear and hot showers. One day I will attain what I'm looking for but for today I'll just be thankful for what I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment