Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time Changes

My best friend and I had a falling out in high school and didn't talk for 5-6 years (maybe longer). Back then I liked being right and didn't want to be the bigger person or the one who gave in first. So we went our separate ways and then one day I just wanted to say hello and see how she was doing. Lots of time had passed and really I couldn't even remember what had exactly happened and I didn't really care.

I emailed her and we talked and when I was in her area I visited. We weren't best friends again but we kept in touch. Between the time we stopped being friends and the time we started talking again, I grew and changed. I was a better person, more accepting and forgiving (not that I needed to forgive her for anything). We had both grown and found more of who we are. This is something we all should remember. As time moves on we all learn new things and these things change us and shape us. Some of it makes us better people and some of it doesn't. So that person you held a grudge with or maybe you just never liked, she could be a totally different person. She could be someone that you could be friends with now. The time between high school and after college I definitely changed but I would have to say these last 2-3 years have changed me the most. It's such a difference from when I look back at myself as a teen. Of course there are still things about me that are the same but just more refined and buffed. I would hope that people who knew me 2-10 years ago wouldn't think that I was the same, at least in a bad way (I'd hope they'd remember the good).

So my point of the story.........remember time and life changes everyone and to let go of past grudges, arguments, and fights. People can change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment