Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Bed

I have been waiting for my new memory foam bed for over two weeks and have been sleeping on an air mattress. So when today came, you could say I was ready. We get a phone call that says our bed is ready BUT the dock closes at 4, so we'll have to get it tomorrow. It was 3:45 when this happened. Oh boy was I unhappy. I called back and talked to a sweet lady on the dock and she said no problem come get it, if you have guys that can carry it. Super. My day was back to being good.

But then it decided to rain and not just sprinkle but not quite a downpour either. Nathan was like "Maybe we won't be getting that bed...." Oh boy here we go again. This was becoming a pain in the butt. On the way to work I prayed that the rain would stop and everything would work out just fine for Nathan who was picking up the bed after he dropped me off. If I didn't get this bed today, it was really going to put me in a bad mood. Then I started thinking. What would I say if someone else was in this situation? How would I react to her acting the way I was? We all have choices to make about how we react to situations and problems. We have a choice to be happy and we decide if we will or won't be. In the scheme of life, this wasn't a big deal. Yes, I was really, really wanting this bed but at the same time it wasn't life or death. I had a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head. I had to put things in a different perspective. It's easy for me to look at another person's situation and put things in a different perspective for them but it's not always easy to do that for yourself.

Good news is my prayer was answered. It stopped raining and the sun came out and we got the new bed home. Granted I wouldn't be as happy if we hadn't gotten the bed today but I did recognize and remember that I control my attitude and my happiness and my thoughts. I applied what I tell others to myself. Things don't always work out the way you want them to, but luckily for me it did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment