Sunday, September 26, 2010

Defining You

I was reading a book tonight and the main character realized that she defined herself by her relationships; she was Tom's wife, Molly's mom, Trudy's daughter and someone's teacher. She lived for everyone else. What was her interests and passions?

Are you the same way? Do you only define yourself as someone's mother, wife, daughter, etc? Can you say something that is just "you?" This is just my opinion but when you have something that is just about you, life seems more fulfilled and purposeful than "I'm Suzie's mother." If you're happy and fulfilled as a "mommy" that's super. I just want to make sure you're not missing out. Women get caught up in taking care of everyone else and not doing things for themselves. For me personally, I don't want to be only known as "Nathan's wife." I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up but my life won't revolve around being a wife and at some point a mommy. I want to help people; encourage, inspire and support them. That will be about "Kelli."

So today I encourage everyone, how do you define yourself? Do you go after your OWN dreams and goals or do you just take care of everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment