Friday, October 22, 2010

Tipping

I am a server at one of the local restaurants in town and last night I was the closing server for the bar section. That can be good and bad depending on how long people want to stay and drink. Well last night I had a group of people who were in NO hurry to leave and I was stuck there till they left. All my work was done except cleaning their table. The one guy paid for their drinks and gave me a twenty for his seven dollar check. I brought back his change and the woman told me to keep it. I go "All of it?!" That's twelve dollars for a seven dollar check! She said yep and the guy agreed. Ok well then I'll be a little more patient with you guys keeping me here longer, I think. 

That big tip really made my night after I had got some really lousy tips. For those of you who have never served, we run out butts off and work hard to make your experience good. Yes, not everyone but a lot do. So I encourage you to tip at least 15% but more toward 20%. We make three dollars a hour! And when you do tip big we really, really appreciate it! If you come across an exceptional server, please show her or him that by tipping well. It really makes our night. Plus who knows what is going on in that persons life. They may be having financial trouble due to a car going into the shop, sick children, or home repairs. You may be their saving grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment