Sunday, October 31, 2010

HandFull

Today we had a Harvest Fest at church to bring in the neighborhood and just new people in general and to spread the message of the gospel or the good news. We had games for the kids and lots of candy for them. One of the little girls had a full bag and I was joking with her and I asked her how much she would share with me. She said she would give me a hand full! The little girl reached in and grabbed a big bag of Skittles and a Reeses and gave them to me without thinking twice. I was amazed at her generosity. I'm sure there are kids who would share their candy but they'd probably pick out stuff they don't like and give it away; that's what I'd probably have done. I  like to share but I don't like to share my favorite things but I'm working on it;-)


I definitely took something away from this encounter with this little girl. It may not sound like much but in this day in age, it is very hard to get people to share and to think of others. We are such a "me" society but not this girl. She has an open heart and a generous spirit. I pray she never losses it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment