Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Runaway Dogs

I was driving home from church tonight after eight, so it was dark and I see two dogs chasing each other and I immediately slowed down. I had a feeling they would run right out in front of me and don't you know it they did with a gentleman running right behind them. These dogs were on a mission and not slowing down. The poor man didn't have a chance. I kept driving slowly thinking "How could I help him?" I saw the one dog stop but the other kept running. I didn't know what to do so I kept driving. I said a prayer that the dogs would be caught without anyone getting hurt. They'd already run out in front of me, who knows who else they would do that too and if that car would stop or be paying attention. I've grown up with dogs so I felt for this man. I went home real quick to pick up the movie we had rented from Redbox and was going to go to McDonald's to return it but I just couldn't stop thinking about this poor man trying to catch these dogs. If anyone has had a dog run from him then you know what it's like to try to catch her. Then to top it off, it's dark. 


I go down the street where I saw the chase and don't see anything, man or beast. I turn down the street where the dogs had run and go down to the end and turn around and luckily I see the man on the sidewalk. I stop and ask him if he's still looking for the dogs and tell him I was the one who stopped earlier. He was, so I helped. Fortunately he had caught the bigger dog. We cut through two houses and we see that the backyard is fenced so she couldn't cross over to the next street. The yard is almost pitch black and the man yells the dogs name and her she comes from a dark corner ready to run and play. Luckily there was only one way in or out, so the owner stands there while I try to grab her but she's just having a gay ole' time "playing" with me. After I don't know, five minutes or so of this playing and the owner calling for her, she relents and goes to him. 


Skeeter had ran on me the other day when I wasn't looking and I had no idea where he went. I was freaking out! He's my baby and if anything had happened to him, I would have been devastated. So I knew how this man must have felt and I know how much I would have appreciated someone helping me. What I did tonight wasn't spectacular, it was just me thinking of another person and wanting to help. It doesn't have to be huge to make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment