Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We are where we are

We are where we are because of the decisions we have made. Have you ever thought about what a decision has done for you? I mean where would it take you and how would it affect your life? For example I was hired by Norwegian Cruise Lines Hawaii and went through the training but long story short I didn't go. I worked on a steamboat on the Mississippi river instead. My life would probably be very different from the life I have now since I met my husband on the steamboat, if I went to Hawaii instead. Or what if I went to a different college then I did? I went to a business college in Indiana and was done is two and a half years. What if I went to a different city and went for four years? Also I moved to Florida and worked on an island, where I got my brother a job and now he's dating his future wife (probably). We are where we are because of the decisions we have made.

Really think about your life. Do you see the starting point? Maybe you're overweight now? Do you see where your problem started? Where you started making bad decisions and eating just one more of this and one more of that and stopped exercising. What about debt? Can you think about where you started thinking you need this or that or maybe got that extra credit card just in case of an emergency? We've all had decisions to make but did we pick the right one? Sometimes we did and sometimes we didn't but either way we are where we're at because of that decision we picked.

I can look back at my life and see how different life would be if I went another way. I'm happy to be where I am but I'm becoming more aware of how the decisions I make affect my life. Everyday I try to improve my life in some way. I try to learn something new and this is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment