Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trusting When Its Hard

A friend of mine is stressing right now and my advice has been to give it all to God and to trust Him with her concerns. The bible tells us to cast our concerns on God because He cares for us. When we trust God to lead our lives, then we know that everything will work out according to His plan. I can testify first hand to this.

In January my car got hit right in front of my parents house (while I was living in Florida). And long story short, to top it off my insurance had been canceled and I only had three payments left! I had planned on selling my car but now it was almost totaled! There was no way it was worth it to fix it. Then one night a man stopped by and asked my mom if the car was for sale. We agreed on $500 and my payoff was $567, so I was out $67 but at least it wasn't $567.

In March Nathan and I had taken a good job but it fell through and we had already put our two weeks in. We decided we would go to Ohio (where my family is) and figure things out though. Columbus sounded good to us; bigger than Lima but still close to home. We didn't have any luck finding jobs and we couldn't get an apartment until we had jobs so now it looked like we'd be in Lima for a while. Nathan found a job in May. It wasn't his dream job but it helped pay the bills. I however wasn't having any luck. We got to Ohio mid March and I didn't get a job until mid July. I was blessed to get a job where Nathan is working because we only have one car since mine got hit in January. That makes our life so much easier to be going to the same place. Those last two months were stressful however we made it. We somehow got our bills paid and we were fortunate to be able to stay at my parents house and my sister helped a bunch.

When I finally got a job we could start looking for our own place. We were really wanting a duplex and two bedrooms and a place that would let us have our dog, Skeeter. Then one day it just fell into our lap. Exactly what we were wanting and what we could afford. We move in, in about a month.

While I was on "vacation" I was trying to figure out where I was going and what I wanted to do. I didn't figure it out but I did start this blog. I don't know what this blog has to do with the rest of my life but I feel a purpose with it. When I was down and frustrated this blog kept me looking at the positives in life and gave me something to do each day. If I had been working I probably wouldn't have started this blog. I would have been too busy. I also got more involved in church and closer to God while I was on "vacation." I can see how these things wouldn't have happened if I had been working because right now I struggle to fit them in. When I had all day to myself it was easier but not anymore.

When I look back at these stressful couple months I see God's hand in them. I see Him bringing everything together. All my needs have been met. I still don't know where Nathan and I are going BUT I'm happy and I trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment