Sunday, August 29, 2010

An Adventure

As humans we can all become complacent and just keep doing the same thing day in and day out because it's easy or comfortable. It's hard to get out of your comfort zone and do something different or risky. Sometimes though we don't have a choice and we're thrust into it.

My mom recently got laid off at a job she has worked at for over 20 years. Talk about nerve-wracking, having to find a new job in this economy. But I believe everything happens for a reason and we're never handed more than we can handle. In my opinion most people are capable of doing more than they are doing now but they keep doing the same thing because it's less scary than switching things up. God wants us to do more and be more and sometimes He won't give us the option. I'm sure I would be as nervous as my mom is if I was in her situation BUT I see this as an adventure. The door is open and she can pursue different avenues and do more than what she was doing. She is capable of much more and this is her chance. Sometimes what looks like a disappointment is really God setting you up for something great!

If I had to tell people one thing that I'm passionate about, one of those things would definitely be to not settle when you're capable of so much more. Don't settle because it's good money or because that's what your degree is in or because it's comfortable and less scary. Do something that you love and fulfills you and you're passionate about. Don't worry when life turns upside down, this is your chance to pursue something you've always been interested in or to find that thing that fires you up. Look at it as a second chance or an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment