Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spiritually Prepared

If you're an athlete you train everyday. If you're an actor or musician you practice everyday. You get ready for that big game or upcoming gig. You want to be prepared. Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you'll get, so don't you want to be ready for life?

I was isolated on an island for almost a year and a half and the real world didn't really affect me. The world kept moving but I wasn't aware of it. Now that I'm back on land and in the "real world" I see many people hurting. I see people struggling with debt, illness, job loss, and family problems. I struggled for a couple months and I'm now getting back into the swing of things. It's not easy to be "prepared" for life or even completely "prepared" but I'm certainly going to try.

When I say "prepared" for life, I mean knowing God's word and trusting Him. I've found that the more you know about the bible and God's promises the easier it is to get through whatever it is you're going through. For example Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." God tells us to not to worry but instead pray and give thanks and present our requests to Him. If we do then we will have peace that transcends all understanding. Sounds pretty good to me! I know I could use some of that peace. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." He's telling us that whatever we're going through He'll use it for our good according to his purpose. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." God comforts us so we can help others! What a wonderful thing.

There's many, many more scripture that can help us when tough times come. The more we read our bible and learn the verses the easier we'll handle those problems and concerns that come our way. Train your spiritual side just like you train your physical and mental side.

No comments:

Post a Comment