Sunday, May 30, 2010

Are you of moderate or low quality?

I have always had a hard time "settling." Sometimes I think I have too much ambition or want to reach a level too high for myself. I refuse to just "stay" where I am whether it makes me happen or not. I didn't settle when I chose to marry and I don't plan on settling on a career just to make ends meet. I want to push my limits and see where I can go.

Would you describe yourself as mediocre? Just average? The definition of mediocre is: of moderate or low quality. Does that describe you? I would hope not. But why do people say they are? Why do people "settle" to be mediocre?

I know not everyone has the same ambition that I have about life but don't you want to do more and be more? Don't you want to have that house you've always dreamed about or take that vacation you always wanted to do? Do you have a dream of going back to school or getting a promotion? It's never too late to go after what you want. The women that have graduated from college in their 90's are proof of that.

As I said in another blog, my life has come to a standstill and I'm trying to find my "path." But I don't plan on just settling here in Lima with whatever job I can find and starting a family b/c that may be the easiest thing to do. I plan on learning more about myself and going after what I want.

I want to encourage everyone to believe that they can do more and will do more if they put their minds to it and go after it. Don't settle or take the easy life. Take the road that will lead to success and happiness and joy. It doesn't have to be extravagant, it just has to be about you and what you want.

So I'll ask you once more: Are you mediocre?

No comments:

Post a Comment