Saturday, February 11, 2012

$35 to change a Life

Everyday I am amazed at how much God has blessed me. I have a good life and a great family and a fabulous husband and so much more. I don't want {well I should say I don't NEED for anything-want is totally different} for anything. I'm able to help those when needed and I'm able to bless the way I've been blessed.

{Side note: I don't live in luxury. I have a two-bedroom duplex with hammy down furniture, an old laptop, hardly any decorations and one car. But I have everything I NEED.}

I'm not striving to be rich to buy stuff but to bless others. To GIVE it away. There are soooo many amazing organizations doing awesome things in this world and I so wish I could support them ALL! One organization I'm currently supporting is World Vision. I can't speak highly enough of them. I sponsor two children. A boy from Malawi and a girl from Armenia. For only $35/month {for each child} I am helping to provide them with an education, food, a roof over their head, community development, clean water access, health training and services and so much more. Not only are the children being helped but so are their families and community. Some organizations only focus on the children, which is their choice, but I love that WV looks at everyone around the child as well.

Right now there are 29,300 children sponsored in Malawi! That is amazing, however there are still 1,826 still waiting for someone to show them love and compassion and kindness. Malawi's income per person, per year is $313-USA $41,400. I make more than that in a week! The average life expectancy is 54 years compared to the US of 78 years. We have 100% access to clean water, they have 80%. Infant mortality is 7/1000 here-Malawi not so good, 110/1000.

I believe in child sponsorship with all my <3. It makes such a huge impact in a child's life and can change the world not only for one but for many. $35 is one missed dinner out for the family or not buying a pair of shoes or one less coffee a week. It really, truly does not take much to show you care.

World Vision has a fabulous way to see each individual country and their stats. You can also compare their stats, like I did with Malawi to the USA. It's called My World Vision and it will also let you know what they are doing in the country and specific communities. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment